- Jewelry Box
- Our Ministry
- Priscilla Shirer
- Contact Us
Miss Katie Mae
Hey there. Glad you stopped in today because I'm itchin to introduce you to the newest member of the Going Beyond Team. As you'll see from her note to you, she is a big ol' ball of fun, doesn't take herself too seriously and is passionate about many things. She's brought a breath of fresh air into our ministry that we are all enjoying immensely.
In fact, several of you have actually emailed or tweeted me to say how surprised you were to find such a deliciously wrapped package in your mailbox when a book or bible study you ordered from our ministry arrived to your home. Katie, my friend, is the person responsible for all of that beauty! She works wonders with bows, tissue paper, wrapping paper and all things decor.
When Katie's around, things just become more beautiful.
Enjoy her post (despite her misguided references to God's favorites) and be sure to make her feel welcome!
P.S. Her middle name is not really "Mae". We just made that up 'cause we have a habit of making up nicknames around here =)
My family from left to right: Mitch (brother in law), Chavanne (little sister),
ME, Mom (aka Jesus), Dad (aka Chuck Norris)
Hi! My name is Katie! I am here for the summer helping out everyone’s favorite Texans. I come from God’s favorite place, Baton Rouge, LA. It’s also the home of God’s favorite team – LSU – GEAUX TIGERS!!! For the past 6 years I have worked at my home church in Baton Rouge - Healing Place Church. My pastors mentioned that Jerry and Priscilla were looking for someone really awesome to come help them, so when awesome is sought, awesome is found… and here I am!
I used to think Baton Rouge was a pretty big city . . . then I moved to Dallas. I now live completely lost, at all times. I have always loved where I am from, but thought I could use a little adventure. At the same time, the famous saying “distance makes the heart grow fonder” is starting to ring true.
I thought for my first blog post I would just give you a couple of fun facts about myself that make me just the special/awesome person that I am….
- I sometimes run out of gas in my car.
- I love avocados! Just as of this year.
- I love being a girly girl. I love doing my (or anyone else’s) hair and makeup.
- I LOVE movies. Once I start one, I can’t stop it. I have to know how it finishes, even if it’s the cheesiest movie ever.
- I speak fluent Russian.
- I once ran a half marathon.
- I have a goal to one day do an Iron Man triathlon. I am currently doing nothing to train for this…oops.
- I consider myself extremely blessed with THE best family, and THE best friends in the world.
- Purple is my favorite color.
- I am a die-hard LSU fan!!!! GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can’t wait to get to know all of you and share a little bit with you on this amazing blog!
God bless and GEAUX TIGERS!!!