Glad you stopped by today because I can’t wait to introduce you to Mahisha Dellinger.
I first met Mahisha after she’d sent me a warm invitation to join her at a holiday luncheon at Christmas. I’d soon come to learn that she and several friends routinely hosted this brunch to foster friendship and to celebrate sisterhood. That day, ten of us sat around a table and basked in her warm hospitality. She gave beautiful gifts, cultivated deep conversation and offered a sweet space for affirmation and love to flow freely.
I’ll never forget it.
Two weeks after that brunch, my mother passed away in my arms. Mahisha’s sweet gesture had given me a proactive boost of encouragement and comfort that buoyed me up through it all. I’m forever grateful.
This is why I want you to meet this incredible sister. She’s amazing on all counts – not the least of which is that she is a BOSS! As the Founder & CEO of one of my favorite hair care product lines for curly-headed girls like me – Curls Beauty Brands – she’s built a multi-million dollar company from the ground up.
She’s an entrepreneur, TV host, coach, a wife and mother, and she loves the Lord. Enjoy getting to know her and then tip-toe on over to her Instagram account – @Mahisha_Dellinger – and give her a follow! Of course, before you go, please leave a comment of encouragement for her below!
- If you could describe this season of your life in one word, what word would it be? Why?
Busy and unbothered! Why? Because God is covering me!
- In terms of your career, before you knew you would be _______________, you almost . . .
Before I knew I’d be an entrepreneur, I almost became an attorney.
- In what ways do you ensure that your career path serves the purposes of God and encourages His people?
I listen to, and obey His commands. I let Him use me to be a blessing to others, through my success. I support, donate and help grow those God puts on my heart.
- Fill in the blank. I am not a very _____________ person.
I am not a very easygoing person.
I am a CAPITAL TYPE A person. Everything must be in order, at all times. God is still working on me! 😀
- Name your biggest strength and your biggest weakness? How has each served you as you’ve fulfilled your purpose?
Biggest Strength: I am a giving person.
Biggest Weakness: I am not very patient when I am ready to get something done.
Being a giving person has allowed me to be able to harvest ripe and bountiful blessings. On the other hand, being a bit impatient has taught me that things don’t always happen when I want them to . . . and to trust the process.
- What has been the most difficult season in your life? How did you get through it?
Being abandoned as a young, pregnant woman by my boyfriend at the time was heart crushing. However, it brought me to a point of self-reliance and faith, as my story and faith flourished from the experience.
- When is the last time you laughed so hard that it hurt?
Oh my, I am sad to say, I do not remember.
- If you could make three wishes and there were no limitations on what you could request, what would you wish for?
1. Health and wellness for my family
2. God’s divine protection
3. God’s divine favor over my life
- If this were your last year on earth, what would you want to spend your time doing?
Being with my family . . . that is it.
- If you could tell your younger self anything, what would it be?
You will change your destiny . . . just wait!
*These blog interviews are designed only to be fun, informative and introductory. GB Ministries has varying levels of familiarity with each participant so their presence here does not equal our endorsement of or full alignment with theological doctrine or political perspective.