Old Testament heroes are best known for their most celebrated moments: Moses dividing the Red Sea; David slaying Goliath; Gideon routing an insurmountable army; Joshua marching around the defiant walls of Jericho.
And Elijah—calling down fire on Mount Carmel.
Blinded by the remarkable narratives of our biblical heroes, we can forget they each had a backstory—months and years of development, even difficulty, which fortified their spiritual muscle and prepared them for the tasks that made their lives unforgettable.
Join Priscilla Shirer on this 7-session journey through the life and times of the prophet Elijah to discover how the fire on Mount Carmel was forged in the valley of famine. And how the emboldened, fiery faith you desire is being fashioned by God in your life right now.
- 1 Bible Study Workbook
- View workbook sample here.
- Leader tips in the back of the Bible Study Workbook
- In-depth stories and illustrations
- Personal study segments to complete between 7 weeks of sessions
- Seven enriching teaching videos, approximately 30-40 minutes per session
- Understand the value of seasons of growth and testing in your spiritual maturity
- Be encouraged to wait on God’s good work in your heart and mind, even in seasons when you feel like no one sees.
- Learn to trust in the goodness and faithfulness of God and His purposes for your life.