Sweet, sassy, and full of hilarity. That’s how I would describe Dani and Dannah Lane. These sisters were only five and six years old when they became viral sensations thanks to their YouTube video, “Call Jesus” back in 2017. Their mother, Dannella, has been instrumental in teaching them about Christ and guiding their blooming careers in Hollywood. Their family is on fire for the Lord and it shows!
Today, Dani and Dannah are co-stars of the NBC show “Kenan,” but their talent doesn’t stop there. They are brand ambassadors, designers, and singers, and their music can be found on all streaming platforms. I had the privilege of meeting them in April 2021 and I was blown away by their courage to use their talents and pursue their dreams while remaining bold in their faith and unapologetic in their love for the Lord.
Bravo Dannella and girls! I salute you!
If you’re anything like me, you’ll be intrigued by this duo after reading Dani and Dannah’s Q & A! Be sure to follow them on all social media platforms @danianddannah!
But before you go, please leave a comment of encouragement for the girls below!
- If you could describe this season of your lives in one-word, what word would it be? Why?
Process! Because even though we’re kids, we’re growing through life’s changes and trusting God’s process for us. This season is still new. We’re learning to stand in our faith even as we all go through a pandemic, blossoming careers and just growing up!
- In terms of your careers, before you knew you would be _______________, you almost . . .
We are 10 and 11 and we believe we could be anything we desire to be, but we have been blessed to be shown our God given gifts and talents early and acting is just that.
- In what ways do you two ensure that your career paths serve the purposes of God and encourage His people?
By being a good example of what and who God is and that’s to love! So, we lead with love and let everything else fall into place.
- Fill in the blank. We are not very _____________ people.
We are not very shy people.
That’s how we know we are walking in our God-given gifts!
- Name your biggest strengths and your biggest weaknesses? How has each served you as you’ve fulfilled your purpose?
Our biggest strength would be loving! We love everyone and our weakness, mmmmm, let us think about that! . . . Dani can’t blow a bubble with gum, and Dannah can’t cross her eyes!
- What has been the most difficult season in your lives? How did your family get through it?
Quarantine has been pretty rough, but we hunkered down and spent time connecting with God, each other, and our pets.
- When is the last time you each laughed so hard that it hurt?
Everyday! Our way of life is play and pray. Our family is pretty funny, so there is not a day that goes by that we don’t belly laugh.
- If this were your last year on earth, what would you each want to spend your time doing?
- If you could make three wishes and there were no limitations on what you could request, what would you each wish for?
More wishes, all the sweet treats with no cavities, and to live at Disney Land!
- If you could tell your younger selves anything, what would it be?
We’re still pretty young, but to enjoy every moment and not rush growing up.
*These blog interviews are designed only to be fun, informative and introductory. GB Ministries has varying levels of familiarity with each participant so their presence here does not equal our endorsement of or full alignment with theological doctrine or political perspective.